Set up and manage Bitdefender
In order to access all the features of Bitdefender, you have to create a Bitdefender account. Therefore, follow the below-given guide for account creation and Bitdefender login.
How To Create a Bitdefender Account?
- First and foremost, you must open your preferred internet browser. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc on your computing device. In short, you have to click on the Browser icon on your computer. You may find it at the “Taskbar” i.e at the bottom left-hand side. Else you can find it on the Desktop.
- After that, type “central.bitdefender.com” in the address bar located at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will take you to a new window- “Welcome to Bitdefender Central”. After that, click on the “Create Account” tab which is positioned at the top-right corner of the window.
- Subsequently, the Account Creation window will appear on your screen and now you need to fill all the necessary details.
- In the very first field, enter your complete name in the respective field.
- Thereafter, type a valid email address to receive important emails from Bitdefender.
- Afterwards, you need to create a strong password that should be difficult to guess but easy to remember. Also, while creating a password, you must consider the below-given specifications.
- Your password must contain at least 8 characters and should not exceed more than 32 characters.
- Include both the uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Use at least one numeric value.
- Also, use valid symbols.
- After that, click on the “Create Account” tab which is located at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you will receive an email from Bitdefender to confirm your account. Hence, open the mail and click on the “Verify Now” button.
Bitdefender Login Process
- First of all, open your preferred web browser on your computing device.
- After that, go to central.bitdefender.com by typing it in the Address bar. Then, press the enter key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the homepage of Bitdefender.
- Now, click on the “Sign In” tab located in the upper-right corner of the window. After that, it will show you the Sign In window.
- Then, type in your phone number or email address that is linked with your Bitdefender Account. Make sure that you have entered all the characters in small case letters with no unwanted spaces. After that, click on the “Next” button given there.
- In the subsequent window, enter your password that you have used while creating an account. Hence, type your password accurately into the given field.
- After that, click on the “Sign In” button located at the bottom of the page. By doing so, you are successfully logged in to your account. Now, you can use keep track of all the daily activities of your Bitdefender account.
Troubleshooting Steps Of Bitdefender Sign in
Enter Correct Login Credentials
In case, if you are facing errors while login to your Bitdefender account, it might possible that you are entering the wrong login credentials. Make sure that you are entering the same email address that is associated with your Bitdefender account. Also, ensure that the login password must be accurate. However, if you are typing the wrong password again and again or forgot your password, follow the below-given steps.
- First and foremost, open your preferred web browser.
- Thereafter, go to the official website of Bitdefender. For this, type in “central.bitdefender.com” in the Address bar of your browser. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- On the homepage of Bitdefender, locate and click on the “Sign In” button.
- As a result, this will open the “Login” window.
- Enter the email address linked with this account and click on the “Next” tab.
- The next window will ask you to enter the password in the respective field. In this window, you are required to click on “Forgot My Password”.
- Thereafter, it will display the Reset your Password window. Here, the email address that you just entered will automatically appear.
- Then, click on the “Next” button.
- As a result, it will security code on your registered email address.
- In the following window, you have to enter the security code sent on your registered email address. After that, click on the “Next” button.
- Consequently, the “Set New Password” window will appear on your screen.
- In this window, you have to enter the new Password that you want to set for this account.
- After that, retype the password as mentioned above to confirm the same.
- Next, click on the “Save” button.
- In the end, click on the “Back To Sign In” tab located in the middle of the screen.
Update Your Web Browser:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon from the upper-right corner of the window.
- After that, select the “Settings” option from the list.
- Now from the left panel of the window, click on “About Chrome” and it will start checking for the updates.
- For the update, click on the Relaunch button given there.
To keep your Safari browser up-to-date, you need to install the latest updates for your macOS.
Clear Cache and Cookies from your Browser
The existence of past history sometimes slows down the performance of your browser and PC. This leads to creates problems in accessing the website as well as while trying for Bitdefender Login. Therefore, follow the full-proof procedure given below to delete the past history from your system.
For Chrome Browser:
- Access the Chrome Browser on your system.
- After that, click on the Customize and control icon represented by three dots located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- By doing so, it will show you a list of options. You need to select the History option from the list.
- On the left side of the window, click on Clear Browsing Data, then select the time range of deleting the past history.
- Afterward, select the checkboxes of “Browsing History”, “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached image and files”. Now, to delete the files, click on the Clear Data button.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac system.
- Now, click on the Safari tab located at the upper left corner of your screen.
- It will show you a list of options, select “History”.
- Next, a pop-up box will be displayed on your screen. Select the time period for deleting the browsing history and then click on the Clear History button.
Delete the saved Windows credentials:
If the wrong credentials are saved in your windows computer, you will definitely face Bitdefender Login issues. So, go through the given instructions to delete the saved login details:
- First of all, go to Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- In the search field, type Credentials and then select the Credential Manager tab.
- In the next window, click on Windows Credentials.
- Now, a list of credentials will appear on your screen. You need to select your Bitdefender Login credentials and then click on the Remove button.
- A pop-up box will display on your screen asking you- do you want to delete this item?. Click on the Yes button to remove the saved credentials.